Nowadays, avoid washing your hair less frequently seems unrealistic. Our hair tends to turn greasy and oily very quickly which make all of your efforts to look good fail within a couple of hours. Everyday dirt, impurities, and excess oil production leave your hair greasy, oily and weighed down. If you are tired of getting through with home remedies, which generally leaves you with no significant result, then it’s time to look further. To combat oily hair issues, I went out of my way to gather immense information about a few of my favorite shampoos. So, go through this article to know about the best shampoos for oily hair.
Basic Insight: Why Hair Gets Oily?
Before you proceed using the products, you need to know if you have oily hair or is it the heat. In the summertime, extra grease, dust, and the environment can make your hair feel oily. So now, it is the moment when you can take a break from them. If you are one of those who tends to run your fingers through your hair, then it’s a definite way of transferring oils to your strands.
Overusing of chemical-based products, especially, those not meant for the hair roots and scalp is risky. These products cause hair fall and the result is dirty-looking hair. Experimenting with hair may seem tempting but overdo can strip your hair of its natural oils. If there are any recent dietary changes, then that could potentially increase the oil secretion. Also, it is the type of brush or comb you use that really makes a difference in your scalp and hair.
I have tried to provide you with a simple test to ensure if your hair is naturally oily or it is the weather that is responsible. After cleaning your hair, let it dry normally and then tap a tissue on your scalp. If you note oil patches or affirm hair clinging or clumping together, then unmistakably it a case of oily hair.
Now, you must be querying why most of the dermatologist recommend hair oils and oil-infused shampoos. It is because supplementing oils to the roots of your hair strands. But this can intensify the issue if your hair type is oily. For that, you need to resort to ingredients and products that can render you with a great hair day.
Shampoo for Oily Hair along with Customer Reviews
Each product mentioned below promises to cleanse and clarify your hairs’ roots. Forget the drying experience of your hair in order to get lustrous locks. The best shampoo for oily hair usually comes along with Acai berries, Chamomile, Green tea, Marshmallow root, Keratin, and other proteins.
Beyond the ingredients list, certain key descriptive words make these shampoos one of the most recommended ones. Discover all you need to know about these top picks through this article.
Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo: Best Shampoo For Fine Hair
This shampoo is perfect for those who suffer from an oily scalp and dandruff. With a high performance, this product banishes excess sebum to leave your scalp leaving you with a clean and refreshing feeling. One of my personal favorites as they create their products with care.
Another bonus is that this shampoo is amazing to fight away debris on the scalp. It comes in a box with water, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium chloride, citric acid, sodium hydroxide, propylene glycol, and many other useful ingredients. The application is quite simple, just apply to wet hair. Lather it well and rinse thoroughly. Repeat the process as per the requirement of your scalp.
- Enhances volume and works wonder on oily, fine hair.
- Remove sebum build up like a professional.
- Try this medicated shampoo against oily, flakey nightmares.
- Gentle and non-irritating shampoo to eliminate residue.
- A clear formula which utilizes no artificial dyes or colorants to boost volume.
- No against statements are found as per recent studies.
Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo Customer Reviews:
- This shampoo receives a 5 out of 5 rating on most of the shopping platforms.
- Users highly recommend this product. You can just use it once to feel the difference. With just one wash, you will feel that your hair became lighter, finer, and more voluminous.
- Yet another user said that this is an excellent product to reset the hair regardless of your hair type. The only negative feedback was that this product was hard to find in nearby shops.
- At such a great price, you can completely trust this product if you have hair with semi-permanent dye. Some did not like the fragrance while using it but yet remarked it to be bearable to get tangle free effect.
L’Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay Oily Roots Shampoo: Ultra Mask For Hair
The shampoo keeps your hair looks fresh and clean with beautiful body and volume. Additionally, repairs dehydrated, damaged locks for hair that feels clean and looks shiny and revitalized. Delivering up to 48 hours of scalp soothing benefits, this is a must-have ‘expert formula’. A budget shampoo that offers you what you pay for. Just apply it on your wet hair and rinse it thoroughly. Wait till it lathers and then wash it off, finally allows your hair to dry.
- This product is a life-changer for users with greasy hair.
- It also allows the user to leave a day or two between washes.
- Removes product buildup and hard water deposits with Citramine.
- Safe for chemically-treatment on hair as well as color pretreatment of hair.
- No negative feedbacks were noted against this product.
L’Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Clay Oily Roots Shampoo User Reviews:
- This normal to oily hair ranging product gets a rating of 4.5 out of 5 on most of the online shopping websites.
- Most of the users claimed to never use any other product, other than this shampoo. It indeed does wonders to keep the hair from looking greasy.
- Some reported struggling with oily roots, dry and flaky scalp until this product came to their rescue. It is a perfect match for whoever is struggling to find a lifetime solution.
- This shampoo was also named as a holy grail by few and the best possible answer for good hair. They found this clay fine to work amazing and the best thing ever tried on hair.
Redken Clean Maniac Micellar Clean Touch Shampoo: Fresh-From-The-Shower
A super-lightweight shampoo which works to balance the sebaceous glands. This luxurious sulfate and silicone-free formulas ensure your hair stays clean and free of grease for longer. The shampoo has gold camelina, avocado oil, and olive oil providing you with a truly luxurious experience.
It goes a step further by actively working to sustain the pH balance of your scalp to render the healthiest hair. It is indeed an affordable option for daily use, all you need to do is massaged into wet hair just like a regular shampoo. A bouncy finish every day and for best results, use a conditioner.
- This product uses soothing, hydrating properties of micellar water.
- The only shampoo which promises to deep clean hair without over-drying.
- With just a pinch amount, it can clean away everything from daily grime to excess sebum.
- The shampoo is safe for everyday use and most effective as a booster.
- No negative remarks were seen about this shampoo.
Redken Clean Maniac Micellar Clean Touch Shampoo Reviews:
- It is rated 4.0 out of 5 on most of the online shopping platforms.
- Users report that most of their hair stylist recommend this product to use as an alternate shampoo. They are amused by the transformation and products you with an experience that you deserve.
- Some even said that this product can clean well, remove build up, and leave you with an experience that you deserve.
- Few customers also reported that this product is just like acetone for hair. It removes anything and everything from hair without much foaming.
Winding It Up
I have tried to compile the 3 must-have shampoos to deal with any woman’s daily greasy hair problem. With a calming blend of flower and plant essences, you can experience a beautiful hair cleansing experience. Treat yourself to some of your favorite beauty products and transform your hair with the divine collection. According to me, you can avoid tight hairstyles and braids. This minimizes exposure to hot styling tools, to take care for extra care for your hair.